International applicants admitted to Northern Vermont University and who have provided the required financial certification and documentation, as well as a $1,500 enrollment deposit, will receive from the university:
- An official letter of acceptance to Northern Vermont University
- A Certificate of Eligibility (I-20)
You will need these documents to apply to your U.S. embassy for an F-1 student visa
After Receiving Your I-20
Once you have received the I-20 from Northern Vermont University, as well as the other documents listed above, you should next:
- Fill out the I-901 form and make an appointment for an interview with the U.S. Embassy in your country to apply for the F-1/ student VISA.
- Bring the following items for your interview:
- The official letter of acceptance to Northern Vermont University
- Certificate of Eligibility (I-20)
- The original copy of your financial documentation
- The I-901 fee receipt
Please note: It may take several weeks until you receive your student visa (F-1 visa), so start this process as soon as possible.