To be eligible for federal and state financial aid, you will need to complete and submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by our priority dates:
March 1: New students
May 1: Returning students
While we will accept financial aid applications after these dates, aid packages are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. Applicants who apply by these deadlines are likely to receive the best offers.
Financial aid applications are available after October 1 for the upcoming academic year. Submit your financial aid application on or before the dates above to be considered an “on-time” applicant. After these dates, awards will be based on availability of funds.
Simplify the Financial Aid Application Process
- Create an FSA ID to electronically sign your FAFSA. Parents of dependent students will also need to obtain an FSA ID. Apply for an FSA ID here.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online.
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) for student and parent 2016 federal tax information.
- Be sure to provide our “Federal School Code” in the required section on the FAFSA. Your information will then be forwarded to the correct Aid Office by the federal processor. The Federal School Code for Johnson is 003688. The Federal School Code for Lyndon is 003689.
- Vermont residents should apply for a state grant online at vsac.org. Non-residents should inquire within their own state Higher Education Agency.
|Northern Vermont University - Johnson
Office of Student Financial Services
Northern Vermont University - Lyndon