Applying For Financial Aid
Beginning October 1, on an annual basis, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) prior to March 15.
1. Create an FSA ID for the student and one parent to e-sign the FAFSA.
2. Apply online at FAFSA.gov. This is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
3. Be sure to provide our “Federal School Code” in the required section on the FAFSA. Your information will then be forwarded to the correct Aid Office by the federal processor. The Federal School Code for Johnson is 003688. The Federal School Code for Lyndon is 003689.
4. Use the Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) for both parent’s and student’s 2016 federal tax information.
6. You will receive an email from the Department of Education containing a link to your processed FAFSA, aka Student Aid Report.
7. The priority deadline for submitting the FAFSA is March 15 for new and returning students. Applying by this date ensures that you will be considered for all forms of federal aid.
9. Late applications are awarded in chronological order by their date of receipt and are subject to the availability of funds.
10. If you are a returning student, you will receive an email from the U.S. Department of Education reminding you to complete a renewal FAFSA.
|Northern Vermont University - Johnson
Office of Student Financial Services
Northern Vermont University - Lyndon