Thank you for your interest in Northern Vermont University. We're looking forward to receiving and reviewing your application. Learn more about our application procedures.
Northern Vermont University accepts applications via the Common Application. To apply for admission for the fall of 2018 or later, scroll down the page and follow the application instructions.
All other applicants (including first-year undergraduates, transfer students, graduate students, online, and External Degree Program) seeking admission before the fall 2018 semester should visit either the current Lyndon State College or Johnson State College website and follow application instructions found there.
Northern Vermont University accepts applications on a rolling basis. This means that we review applications and admit qualified applicants throughout the year. Admitted applicants can begin in the fall, spring, or summer.
However, the sooner you get your application in, the better! Housing, financial aid awards, and first-semester class selection are all first-come, first-served, so the sooner you apply, the more options you’ll have if accepted.
Applicants for Fall 2018
First-year undergraduate applicants (including transfer students) seeking to enroll in Fall 2018 or later should submit the following to be considered for admission to Northern Vermont University
- A completed application. NVU accepts applications via the Common Application. You will apply to either our Lyndon campus or our Johnson campus.
- A $50 application fee.
- Official high school transcript* including first quarter senior grades or official scores from a high school equivalency exam (General Education Development or GED Certificate). Home-schooled applicants, submit your high school curriculum or certified program approved by the home state, if applicable).
- One letter of recommendation (school counselor, teacher, or other professional who knows you well)
- Essay/personal statement
- Optional SAT/ACT test scores. NVU is test optional; however, if you register for the SAT or ACT, use the following codes:
- Johnson State College (Northern Vermont University-Johnson): SAT code: 3766, ACT code: 4316
- Lyndon State College (Northern Vermont University- Lyndon): SAT code: 3767, ACT code: 4318
- A recorded audition if applying as a Music, Musical Theater, or Music Performance & Music Education major at the NVU-Johnson campus. Please refer to the Audition Guidelines for instructions.
- Other supporting documents, such as additional letters of recommendation. Send these documents directly to the campus where you are applying.
*Once an applicant is accepted and decides to enroll, a final official high school transcript including graduation date is required before a student may begin classes. For students with college credits, be sure to request the official college transcripts from the college/university where you enrolled. The college coursework will be evaluated once you have been admitted to NVU.
|Northern Vermont University–Lyndon
Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 919
1001 College Rd.
Lyndonville, VT 05851
|Northern Vermont University–Johnson
Office of Admissions
337 College Hill
Johnson, VT 05056