As a member of the Vermont State Colleges System, Northern Vermont University utilizes a system-wide portal to provide you secure access to your financial aid information, email, New Student Checklist, and other tools and resources you'll need as an NVU student. To access the portal and these resources, you'll first need to activate your account.
Follow These Steps to Set Up Your Network Account
1. Go to the Vermont State Colleges System Portal login page and select “New users: Activate your account here” under the gray “Login” button.
2. Next, verify your identity and request a PIN by entering your first name, last name, birth date, and college ID. You must also check the box that says “By selecting this checkbox you agree to receive text messages on your mobile device.”
3. Next, select the phone number (or email address) where you want your PIN to be sent. Select “SEND PIN.” You should receive a message confirming your PIN has been sent.
4. You will then receive a text (or email) with your PIN. Enter that number in the PIN field and choose “VALIDATE.” (If you do not get a text or email with your PIN, select the RESEND PIN button.)
5. Next, set your secure password using the criteria indicated on the right-hand side of the screen.
After you create your password, you will be asked to create a series of security questions so that you will be able to create a new password in the future, if needed.
You should receive a message confirming you have successfully set up your security questions.
After you have completed all of these steps, you can use your username and password to log into the portal any time (at https://portal.vsc.edu) to access your college email, your New Student Checklist, and other tools and resources you will need as a student.